Darlene D. Gerstmyer, CPA, Principal
Areas of Expertise
Internal Audit Services and Compliance Areas
With her vast expertise, Darlene has become a leader in the area of internal auditing and regulatory compliance. Her services are designed for maximum flexibility, allowing you to utilize her specialties for one specific project or on an ongoing basis. She developed and supervises the Firm's internal audit services including specialized compliance areas. Darlene enjoys teaching and has developed and presented various accounting educational programs for financial institutions. In addition, she conducts specialized training sessions on various topics including oversight/governance, lending, and internal controls. She has appeared as a speaker at a national conference discussing the importance of internal controls. She frequently speaks at Career Days for students.
Independent Audit Engagements for Community Banks and Credit Unions
Darlene manages independent audit engagements for credit unions and community banks. She also serves as the engagement quality reviewer on many of the Firm's audits.
- Internal Auditing Services
- ACH Compliance Examinations
- BSA/AML Compliance Examinations
- Regulatory Compliance Consulting
- Financial Statement Audits
- Supervisory Committee and Director Training
- Public Company Audits
- Fraud Audits
- HUD Audits
- Verification of Accounts
- Temporary CFO Services
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Served on the Cooperation with Financial Institutions Committee
- Served on and Chaired the Women's Career Issues Committee
Education and Professional Development
- Graduate of Loyola University Maryland with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in accounting in 1985
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners
- Member of The Risk Management Association (RMA)
Community Involvement and Interests
- A fan of musical theater, Darlene has appeared in a number of productions with various community theater groups. She is an active supporter and volunteer for the Blackfriars Theatre program with Archbishop Curley High School.
- Darlene and her husband have chaired and remain actively involved with the annual galas for The Catholic High School of Baltimore and Archbishop Curley High School, their alma maters.
- Darlene is a current member of the Finance Committee for St. Isaac Jogues Parish and is the past treasurer for the Immaculate Heart of Mary School's Home and School Association.
- Darlene was awarded the Mother Generosa McCafferty Distinguished Alumna Award from The Catholic High School of Baltimore in 2015.
- Darlene and her husband, David, were awarded the Archbishop Curley Cornerstone Award in 2019 for their dedicated volunteerism to the school.