James A. Higbee, CPA
Areas of Expertise
Jim is the partner responsible for the Firm's credit union practice. Jim is proficient in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and regulations applicable to the credit union industry.
- Financial Statement Audits
- Supervisory Committee Agreed-Upon Procedures
- Fraud Audits
- Verification of Accounts
- Supervisory Committee and Director Training
- Assistance with Call Reports
- Maryland & District of Columbia Credit Union Association and Delaware Credit Union League
- Frequent instructor of Credit Union Accounting Courses
- Leads Supervisory Committee and Board Financial Education training sessions
- Volunteer Leadership Conference
- Frequent guest speaker
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Represented the AICPA in testimony before U.S. Treasury officials during their study of the Federal Deposit Insurance System
- Past instructor at the AICPA National Conference on Credit Unions – Conference topics included fraud, credit union mergers, and the proposed AICPA Audit and Accounting Guide, Audits of Credit Unions, which was written by Jim and the other members of the AICPA Credit Union Committee.
- National Credit Union Administration, Examiner Training
- Lead discussion on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants (MACPA)
- Chaired the MACPA Auditing Standards Committee
- Financial Education Development, Inc.
- Webinar on Financial Literacy Part 1: Understanding the NCUA Regulation & the 7 Critical Risk Areas Directors Should Track
Education and Professional Development
- Alumnus of Northeastern University of Boston, Massachusetts
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
Community Involvement and Interests
- Jim serves on and is a past Chairman of the Immaculate Conception Church finance committee and is a past member of the Immaculate Conception Elementary School Board.
- Jim captains the Rowles' Relayers in Relay for Life each year to help in the fight against cancer.