Joseph A. Musumeci, Jr., CPA, Partner
Areas of Expertise
Joe oversees tax services for the Firm. He reviews and prepares a variety of federal and state tax returns.
Engineering Firms and Financial Institutions
Joe oversees auditing and accounting services offered to engineering firms. He also provides auditing and accounting services to financial institutions. Joe specializes in accounting for income taxes.
Small Businesses and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Joe provides accounting and consulting services to small businesses and notforprofit organizations.
Continuing Education and Retirement Benefit Plans
Joe administers the Firm's continuing education and retirement benefit plans.
Annual Firm Inspection
As part of the Firm's quality assurance program, Joe conducts the Firm's annual inspection.
- Personal income tax return preparation and planning
- Business income tax return preparation and planning
- Trust income tax return preparation and planning
- Estate income tax return preparation and planning
- Nonprofit income tax return preparation and planning
- Amended tax return preparation
- IRS/State of Maryland representation
- Business startup and set up
- Financial statement audits
- Income tax accounting
- Personal property tax return preparation
- Payroll tax return preparation
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Serves on the State Tax Committee
- Internal Revenue Service
- Worked as an internal revenue agent learning firsthand the nuances of IRS examinations
Education and Professional Development
- Graduate of Georgetown University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 2001
- Graduate of Loyola University Maryland with a Master of Business Administration degree with an accounting concentration in 2006
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Perry Hall/White Marsh Business Association
- Member of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce
Community Involvement and Interests
- Spending time with his wife and kids
- Serving on the board of directors of the Baltimore Road Runners Club
- Completed three marathons and several half marathons