Joseph A. Musumeci, Jr., CPA, Partner
Areas of Expertise
Joe oversees tax services for the Firm. He reviews and prepares a variety of federal and state tax returns.
Engineering Firms and Financial Institutions
Joe provides auditing and accounting services to engineering firms and financial institutions. He specializes in accounting for income taxes including assisting businesses with the creation and maintenance of income tax calculation spreadsheets.
Small Businesses and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Joe provides accounting and consulting services to small businesses and not-for-profit organizations.
Continuing Education and Retirement Benefit Plans
Joe administers the Firm's continuing education and retirement benefit plans.
Joe shares his knowledge and enthusiasm related to income tax with a variety of groups.
Annual Firm Inspection
As part of the Firm's quality assurance program, Joe conducts the Firm's annual inspection.
- Personal income tax return preparation and planning
- Business income tax return preparation and planning
- Trust income tax return preparation and planning
- Estate income tax return preparation and planning
- Nonprofit income tax return preparation and planning
- Amended tax return preparation
- IRS/State of Maryland representation
- Business startup and set up
- Financial statement audits
- Income tax accounting
- Personal property tax return preparation
- Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Serves on the State Tax Committee
- American Council of Engineering Companies/Maryland
- Serves on the Business Finance Committee
- Internal Revenue Service
- Worked as an internal revenue agent learning firsthand the nuances of IRS examinations
Education and Professional Development
- Graduate of Georgetown University with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English in 2001
- Graduate of Loyola University Maryland with a Master of Business Administration degree with an accounting concentration in 2006
- Member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Maryland Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Member of the Perry Hall/White Marsh Business Association
- Member of the Baltimore Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Chesapeake Gateway Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Baltimore County Provider Council
Community Involvement and Interests
- Spending time with his wife and kids
- Serving on the board of directors of the Baltimore Road Runners Club
- Completed several marathons and half marathons
Running the Numbers
Contact Joe if you would like to schedule a running meeting. He would be glad to answer your income tax questions while clicking off the miles. Barring injury, he can accommodate runs up to 10 miles without advance preparation. With a few weeks of notice, he might be up for longer runs (especially if he's training for a marathon). If you want him to be able to talk while he's running, he can accommodate paces ranging from 9‑minute miles to 13‑minute miles. (If you just want him to listen and you aren't expecting him to keep up with you for too long, he could probably go a little faster). Joe is certainly up for shorter and/or slower outings, too – there are no speed or distance requirements! His default location is the NCR trail at Paper Mill Road, but he would entertain any interesting suggestions in the greater Baltimore area. He isn't deterred by rain or cold weather (but tries to avoid the combination of the two) and won't run if lightning is involved.